From the mind of Hamish

My views on news, current events, sports and the general goings on in my life.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Well it's official, my toe is indeed broken. Quite an impressive break too according to the radiographer. So once again I'm on crutches (I was on crutches 18 months ago when I had a suspected broken foot) and hating every second of it.

I was talking to my wife while we were waiting for the nurse and saying that 7 or 8 years ago I would have been enjoying all the attention I'm getting, these days I'm just pissed off that I have to hobble around on crutches for a few weeks.

So how did I do it? I fell down the stairs. I was carrying one of our cats downstairs to put him out for the night when I slipped on one of the stairs. I fell backwards with one of my legs going up underneath me (I think, it happened damn fast). I managed to take all the skin off the front of my shin and bang my knee in addition to breaking my big toe. I also got a nice cat scratch on my stomach where my cat decided to bail out when he realized I was going down. Lucky bastard, landed on his feet and walked away.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya drongo! No wonder you've been on IRC so rarely :P

Hope you're being pampered enough to at least take away *some* of the boredom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home