From the mind of Hamish

My views on news, current events, sports and the general goings on in my life.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Last year I decided to convert my personal blog into a political blog. Blogging about politics was fun, but at the same time rather depressing. So I figured what the hell, turn this blog back into a personal blog and post about whatever you want. And I did.

2007 hasn't been a good year for injuries for me so far. On the first night of the year I subluxed (partially dislocated) my right shoulder. How you ask? Not in some violent collision or awkward twist, I just stretched my arm up above my head in bed. I should probably point out that I've done over my left shoulder repeatedly with multiple subluxations and dislocations resulting in having stabilisation surgery 7 years ago. That shoulder is good as new now apart from the occasional aches on a cold morning. Fortunately I doubt I've done any real damage to my right shoulder this time, just over a week later and on a course of anti-inflammatories it feels pretty good.

But last night I managed to fall down the stairs and suspect I may have broken a big toe. I also managed to tear off a strip of skin from my shin and the cat I was carrying at the time left a few marks too. Not a good start to the year.

Still, I've decided to start a new blog over on Wordpress.com about sports. It's one of my passions and there's lots of sports coming up this year. The Super 14 is only a month away, the Commonwealth Bank series starts on Friday, Cricket World Cup, Rugby World Cup, it's a sports lover's paradise. So I figured I'd start writing about it. Who knows, I might enjoy it, I might start a podcast and make some money out of it. I also might get bored of it and stop writing after the second week of the Super 14, only time will tell.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home